Glenn Eagle Station – Mt Garnet North QLD
- Glen Eagle is ideally located being just 87 km South of Mt Garnet by road and approximately 100km west of Cardwell as the crow fly’s. By road it is approximately one hour to Mt Garnet, two hours to the Atherton Tablelands Three hours to Cairns and Four & a half hours to Townsville.
Area & Tenure:
- The total area is 19,540 ha or 48,283 ac on two titles both of them being Grazing Homestead Perpetual Lease (GHPL). Lot 4 GU30 is 4,695 ha, Lot 2 GU31 is 14,846 ha.
- There are excellent services on Glen Eagle with 3G phone coverage over some of the property
- Rural 2 phase 240 Volt Power with a new back-up 25 kva generator
- STD Phone
- TV and Mail Service twice weekly.
- Cattle sale are held regularly at Mareeba and Charters Towers, there is an Abattoir at Townsville and regular Live Exports out of Townsville and Karumba.
Rainfall: Glen Eagle enjoys a reliable healthy rainfall of 875mm or 35 inches annually, mostly falling between December and July.
Country: Glen Eagle has a rare excellent mix of Country and Soil Types, being approximately 40% Red Loam Forest, 30% Basalt Forest, 5% Open Black Soils, 4% Cleared Red Loam, 17% Granite and 3% Scalded or Little Grazing Value. This excellent mix of Country allows for both Breeding and Fattening on the one Property keeping freight expenses to a minimum.
Water: Glen Eagle has an abundance of water with 15 km single frontage to the Herbert River, which also serves as part of the boundary. In addition to the Herbert River there are Six Permanent Springs, Three Dams, of which two are spring fed, Three Bores are equipped with Solar Pumps, another Three Bores are equipped with Engines and Pumps all in good working order. Additionally, there are Eleven Tanks and Eighteen Troughs.
Irrigation: 16 ha Water License and a 270 Megalitre Water License. A Valley Centre Pivot Irrigator in good working condition, 4 span with a diesel engine and pump from the river.
Improvements: A very comfortable 4 Bedroom Homestead with Pantry, Office, Cool Room, Spacious Living Area, well established Lawns and Gardens. All within a very pleasant setting overlooking the Centre Pivot Area.
- 3 Bedroom House with Open Plan Living, in a well maintained condition.
- 2 Bedroom Cottage. Machinery Shed & Workshop, Lick / Fertilizer / Seed Shed & Two Silos.
Farming: There is 20 ha of farming under the Centre Pivot, 4 ha of Vermin Proof Fenced Area with Underground Mains. There is an area of 750 ha that has previously been Pulled, Stick Raked and Cultivated. Of this 750 ha, 150 ha has been seeded to Stylos and Rhodes Grass. 200 ha is suitable to farm immediately, the balance has not been seeded and currently has regrowth on it.
Yards and Fencing: There are Three Sets of Cattle Yards on Glen Eagle. They range from 400 head to 1500 head capacity, constructed from Timber and Steel, all fitted with a Vet Crush & Calf Cradle and are all in a serviceable condition. Two Yards have stock water in them the other yard has a water tank only 30m away.
The Fencing is in good to new condition with 70km of new fencing completed in 2015. There are 15 Main Paddocks plus Holding Paddocks and Mustering Squares.
Livestock: There are 450 Brahman Cross Cows, mostly under 6 years old, plus Calves At Foot, 250 Brahman Cross Heifers depastured with Bulls and 15 Bulls included in the sale.
Inclusions: 700 Breeding Females plus any Calves at Foot, 15 Bulls, One Case Magnum MX210 Tractor with implements, Offset Disc Plough, Kinze 8 Row Planter, Caterpillar Loader, Isuzu Body Truck, Two Land Cruiser Utes, One Honda Quad Bike, 3.4 Metre New Near Kuhn Disc Mower, 1.2 Tonne Lely Fertilizer Spreader, Three Cattle Crushes and Three Calf Cradles.
Carrying Capacity: Carrying Capacity is estimated at 3,200 Adult Equivalents or 2,200 Breeding Cows.
Agents Remarks: Position, Irrigation, Reliable Rainfall, Breed, Fatten and Farm, Glen Eagle has it all! Rarely do properties the Calibre of Glen Eagle become available. With the Cattle Market very buoyant and a bright future predicted now is the opportune time to make a quality acquisition with Glen Eagle. Being lightly stocked for the last 12 months it has an abundance of Good Quality Feed, is very well Watered and Fenced. Glen Eagle is a sound investment for the astute business person.
FOR SALE $4,500,000 Offers Considered
Contact the selling Agent: Matthew Kennedy – 0488418788