MT MENA 92 Ha 228 ac – Tropical Pasture and or Tropical Fruit
- Situated: Mt Mena is situated 8 km from Mena Creek township which has a primary school, post office, shop and hotel. Very good access is provided by 5km of bitumen and 3km of gravel road to the front of both properties from Mena Creek township. Mt Mena is 29 km south west of Innisfail by road. Innisfail has a population of 10,000 people with primary, secondary and TAFE education. Cassowary Coast Regional council chambers, hospital, medical services, regional shopping Centre and various sporting and social clubs as well as monthly cattle sales. Mt Mena is approximately 120 km south of Cairns International airport and 257 km north of Townsville with Live Export Cattle Port and Abattoir.
- Area & Tenure: Mt Mena consists of two freehold titles for sale together, or, separate and are not contingent on each other.
- Mt Mena 75.68 ha or 187 ac
Lot 184 CP NR3478
Local Government: Cassowary Coast
All improvements are on Mt Mena
- Rates: $3,590.87 half yearly
- The Super Block 16.85ha or 41.63 ac
Lot 7 RP 800956
Local government: Cassowary Coast
- Rates: $1,569.34 half yearly. There is very good access and a good site for a house on the Super Block.
- Rainfall: Mena Creek Annual Average Rainfall of 3418mm
- Water: There is an irrigation license of 72 Megalitres with Mt Mena and a 54 Megalitres irrigation license with the Super Block. As well, there are two permanent creeks running through the property. The southern boundary is Mena Creek which is fenced out. As well, water is pumped from the creek to a high tank at the house for House, Garden and Cattle Yard use. There are also rainwater tanks at the house.
- Irrigation: 40 ac was previously under irrigated bananas. There are 100 mm underground mains and filtering system infrastructure in place. There is another water line of 150 mm pipe which runs from the top of the bullock paddock through to the other side of the property.
- Improvements: A solid, spacious, three-bedroom house with kitchen, lounge, office, closed in verandah, bathroom, laundry and toilet. There is split system air conditioning in two of the bedrooms. There are floorboards throughout this spacious home with all rooms having natural light. There is a 30m by 15m Shed with concrete floor, concrete posts, three rooms, one currently being used as an office / smoko room, another room has a lock up roller door with a bounded floor and large mezzanine area on top of the rooms. There is also a banana wheel and unloading area in the shed. There are two molasses storage tanks 27,500 litre and 10,000 litre. All improvements and previous irrigated banana area are on the Mt Mena block.
- Country: The country is open undulating to hilly sandy loam, clay loam and semi red soils with flats throughout up to a rocky basalt ridge with good shade areas. All the country has highly improved tropical pasture of Brachiaria, Humidicola, Kazungula Seteria grasses with legumes of Desomidum, Siratro and Centro.
- Farming: Previously, 40 acres of irrigated bananas were grown with other areas available for farming if required.
- Cattle Yards: There is a good workable set of cattle yards with capacity for 200 head some of which is under a 314 sqm shed. Construction consists of an undercover drafting pound with a race, full vet crush and loading ramp all with cement floors. There are two other yards with cement floors. All of these yards are mostly railway line posts with wooden and steel rails. The balance of the yards consist of mostly portable panels and portable gateways. There is provision to have more yards under cover as the rest of the shed is currently being used for machinery storage.
- Paddocks & Fencing: The Western boundary is wood posts 4 barb wires in good condition other boundary is wood and steel posts 4 barb wire. Internal fencing in good condition galvanized posts and 3 barb wire. Subdivided into 3 main paddocks and holding paddocks.
- Inclusions: 1100 Litre petrol overhead tank, 2500 Litre diesel overhead tank, 2 x molasses tanks
- Carrying Capacity: The owner is currently running 200 mixed cattle, however, suggests that a more conservative 170 head of mixed cattle would be more suitable.
- Agents Remarks: Mt Mena is a very picturesque property with a great location and permanent fresh clean running water. It has a nice house and solid improvements with the added bonus of irrigation & underground mains infrastructure in place. Mt Mena has highly improved tropical pastures, with no weeds observed it is a very well-presented property and inspection will not disappoint.
- Price: $1,200,000 Bare of Cattle and Plant. If sold separately then Mt Mena $890,000 and Super Block $310,000 all plus GST if applicable. Cattle and Plant are available to the successful purchaser.
To see a short video of the property click here: https://youtu.be/Kn_eAOtmwTE
Rodney KENNEDY +61488418577
KENNEDY RURAL – CARDWELL, QLD, 4849