Narcissus – Cattle Fattening Property
NARCISSUS 23,200 ha 57,304 ac
Area & Tenure:
- 23,200 Ha (57,304 Ac), Rolling Term Lease TL 0/232100 $2,745 pa. Rates $3,170.50 per 6 Months.
- 200 Km by road East of Boulia, 170Km by road SWW of Winton.
- Radio Telephone, Satellite TV and Internet, Mail twice weekly from Winton, On Roof Solar Power Unit, UHF base Arial at the house.
- 325mm (13 Inches)
- Narcissus is watered by numerous permanent and semi-permanent water holes and Billabongs along the Diamantina River, Fiery Creek, and Finger Board Creek. There are 3 Dams Approx. 5,000M, solar equipped Old Cork waterhole reticulated through Approx 20km 2” rural grade polypipe with 6 plastic Approx. 20,000L tanks and 5 concrete troughs. Boundary tank supplied separately using a Honda Fire Fighter from Boundary water Hole.
- Homestead is a transportable 4 bedroom home with Cold Room. The main bedroom has a through the wall air conditioner and the living area is cooled with an evaporative air-conditioning system. Staff quarters consist of a Donga style Kitchenette and two air-conditioned bedrooms. Water supply to the Homestead Complex is a rain water tank Approx 10,000L, and a high fiberglass tank Approx 16,000L supplied by a windmill, with the Old Cork Solar reticulation being also plumbed in for backup supply. 5 Stand Woolshed in good condition, 4 Bay wooden frame garage/workshop.
- Approximately half Narcissus is alluvial plains and complex flooded Diamantina Channels growing numerous Native grasses and herbages such as, Flinders, Mitchell, Umbrella and Blue grasses, Diamantina (Bullamon) Lucerne, Pig weed, and vines. The North western Section is gently undulating open herbage and grassland plains with Saltbush, Cannon Ball burr, Copper burr, and Kerosene grass also some scalded areas. Runoff from these areas feeds the broad flood out Gidgee and Coolabah creek systems which provide the sweet fattening native grasses. Predominant trees on the property are Gidgee and Coolabah with Cloncurry box, some Mallee, Sandalwood, Beefwood, Bauhinia, and River Red Gum.
Yards and Fencing:
- Cattle yards to work 500 to 600 Head, steel 5 way pound draft with sticks, calf race and cradle, race, crush and loading ramp, larger yards are portable panels, with Approx 500M Laneway. Subdivided into 4 main paddocks and 1 holding paddock. Boundary is predominately 3 Barb on Steel and wooden posts. Internal fences are also 3 Barb of steel and wood construction.
- 1,000 Cows and progeny or Sheep equivalent.
- With 10.5 Km double frontage to the Diamantina River, Narcissus presents a rare opportunity to purchase low cost cattle fattening channel country, with highly mineralized soils cattle brought in from any country will explode here without supplement. Water is reticulated to every paddock with a reliable solar pumping system from the iconic Old Cork water hole in the Diamantina River. Narcissus is currently being destocked to offer early access to the successful purchaser, it is set up for an absentee owner, this low cost, easy care, high return property should not be overlooked, inspection recommended to fully appreciate.
- $60.00 per Acre ($3.44M)
- Narcissus joins the property Cambeela also for Sale with Kennedy Rural (see kennedyrural.com.au) they could easily be worked together if you are in the Market for something larger.
Contact the selling Agent:
JACK KENNEDY +61 488 418 785
KENNEDY RURAL – JULIA CREEK QLD 4823