Springfield – Excellent Breeding, Backgrounding & Fattening
SPRINGFIELD – 68,500 ha 169,263 ac
OUTSTANDING WATER, EXCELLENT BREEDING, BACKGROUNDING AND FATTENING!
- Springfield is a very well located and an easily accessible property. Springfield is 30km, NE of Mt Surprise along the Savanah Way, and approximately 400km NW of Charters Towers, and 330km SW of Cairns.
Area & Tenure:
- 68,500 hectares or 169,263 acres
- Rolling Term lease expiring on 31/12/2034
- Pastoral holding, Lot 2 on Plan 116768 PH 9/246.
- Countries of Lynd and Tate, Parish/s of Ardrossan, Oaks and Thoa
- Etheridge Shire – approximately 14,760 ha
- Mareeba Shire – approximately 53,740 ha
- Combined Rates $30,306.27pa (2016-2017)
- Land Rental $19,406.96pa (2016-2017)
Licenses & Easements:
- Water License Notice 710707699 & 710707700 for spring diversion into Saltwater Creek
- Rail Line easement current through the property for the Cairns to Forsyth tourist train. The train runs on Thursday each week.
Springfield has a unique mix of soil types and plentiful water. There is approximately 2,000 ha of alluvial Black Soil Creek Frontages, 14,500 ha of Black Soil Basalt, 9,500 ha of Red Soil Basalt, 17,500 ha of Sandy Forest and 25,000 ha of usable Range Country.
A large area of Springfield is basalt soil with the unique feature of swamps and clear Springfield creeks and the associated fertile frontages. Vegetation in the basalt soils includes Ironbark, Bloodwood, Box, Morten Bay, Cabbage Gum, Black Tea Tree and dominant pasture grasses included Black Spear, Indian Couch and Grader Grass. The balance of Springfield contains areas where the vegetation includes Stringy Bark, Tia Tree, Box, Ironbark and Ironwood with pasture species including Blue Grass, Black spear, White Spear, Seca and seasonally Urachloa.
Springfield is well fenced except for approximately 14km of rough hilly country (Natural boundary) the boundary fence is complete. Internally the property is subdivided into 11 main paddocks plus additional holding paddocks with fencing from good condition to needing repair. There is extensive use of 3-wire electric fencing, however, only a small portion of this is still operating. The balance of the fencing being the traditional 3 wire barb construction.
As there is just one central set of cattle yards a network of lanes are in place to facilitate efficient movement throughout the property.
Springfield has unique water supply. The water supply both above ground and below are quite unbelievable and astounding!
Springfield has two major flowing permanent spring feed creeks, Fossilbrook and Saltwater, which run parallel for the length of the property. The two permanent springs feeding Fossilbrook and Saltwater Creeks are Fossilbrook and Craigieburn. Additionally, the extensive double frontage to the semi-permanent Lynd River, Mero Creek (also spring fed), other creek systems and smaller springs make Springfield outstanding from a stock water perspective.
Man-made waters in the area not serviced by the comprehensive creek/spring network include 7 bores equipped with solar pumps, 1 bore with a submersible pump and genset and 4 bores equipped with windmills. There are dams and poly pipe is used to extend waterpoints away from bores.
The bore water supply is substantial with the bore depths ranging from 18 to 30m and each delivering in excess of 50,000lt/day.
- Homestead: Built in 1968 the large modern, low set 4-bedroom Brick Homestead, with 4 x Bath & Toilet Ensuites, has expansive verandah and entertaining areas, Cement rainwater tanks. Attached to the main homestead is 5 Bedroom single quarters with own Kitchen, Shed, Toilet, Shower and Car Port. Walk in pantry, 2 cold rooms, Meat House and 17 Kva Lister Back Up Generator
- Overseers House: Three-bedroom House set in main homestead complex. Low set Besser block 3 Bedroom, Kitchen, Bathroom and Toilet.
- Managers House: Three-Bedroom House set in main homestead complex. Raised timber 3 Bedroom, Kitchen, Bathroom and Toilet.
- Slab Hut: Has been maintained for its historical value.
Large set of Steel Cattle yards, 2,000 head capacity, 5-way Overhead Draft, 6-way Pound Draft, covered calf/weaner branding cradle, 2 vet crushes, operational cattle dip, liveweight scales, water troughs throughout.
The yards are constructed from bore casing railway line posts, cable and portable panels. Scraper tyres have been used for the large cooler in conjunction with cable and Rail Line Posts.
Horse stables and covered yard. Round Yards, Feed and Saddle shed
Three-bay open Car and Bike Shed with partly concreted floor.
Shed and Workshop:
36m x 24m x 5m high Workshop and Machinery Shed. Partly Concreted with Vehicle Servicing Pit.
12m x 30m Steel framed, partly enclosed shed near the 1200m airstrip
2500 tonne in-ground bladder and 12,000 Gallon Molasses Tank.
Springfield is in a reliable annual average rainfall of approximately 750mm (30inches).
The Sale of Springfield includes 7,200 Branded Cattle. A break up of the cattle numbers is available on request.
Springfield has traditionally run 8,000 to 11,000 head.
Plant and Machinery List:
A full list of plant and equipment is available on request.
The offering of Springfield for sale represents a very rare opportunity to acquire an outstanding and unique piece of Australia and North Queensland. The naturally flowing Fossilbrook and Saltwater Springs through Springfield provide and unbelievable unlimited water supply for the property. Springfield has vast amounts of good Cattle Country for Breeding, Growing and Fattening with copious amounts of Crystal Clear Water not to mention untapped Tourism and Farming opportunities. Springfield is heavy carrying country without the need for phosphorus supplementation. It is very difficult and rare to find a Cattle Property the Calibre of Springfield for sale.
Price on Application.
For Inquiries and Further Details please call the selling agent:
MATTHEW KENNEDY – 0488418788